Sunday, December 2, 2012

Orange Crush


When I retired, I went back to work part-time in Washington, D.C.   I used my lunch hour well.  The National Gallery and the Portrait Gallery were only a short walk away.  For anyone who loves art, DC is a fabulous place to live or visit.  

Even before I “discovered” Karin Jurick on the wonderful blog Lines & Colors (http://www.linesandcolors.com/) and fell in love with her museum paintings, I enjoyed painting people with their heads turned away looking at art in museums.  Of course, it could have been that aversion I have to painting faces, but I also like the fact the people are basically anonymous.  Much to my surprise, I found I also liked painting miniature versions of famous paintings.  Sometimes a painting almost paints itself.  This was one of those. 

Orange Crush, 12x16" oil on canvas, $425

No comments:

Post a Comment