Monday, December 3, 2012

Big Bug

I enjoy painting nostalgic things that remind me of when I was a kid.  I loved painting this WV Bus.  It was fun to hear how many people looking at my painting say when they were young they had a VW bus in their family or they had friends who had one.  We didn’t have a van, but we did have a VW bug.   

I recall the vans didn’t come in very many colors and orange seemed the most popular.  I saw this one parked on the street in Old Town Alexandria.  I was on my way to a luncheon when I spotted it, turned my car around and took photographs with my phone.  Yahoo for camera phones!  

It started with this painting...by that happy sighting orange became my theme color for an October show… wish I could say I planned it that way.   


Big Bug, 12x16, oil on canvas
$500  (framed)

1 comment: