Thursday, January 7, 2016

Day 7 "Smalls"






“"Smalls"”
6x6” oil (NFS)

Its so much easier to take a photo of a cute dog or cat when you don't know the owners, then paint it at some later time.  Then its not a portrait, its a cute animal painting because the owner will never see it.  I struggled today trying too hard to get it just right.  I might try attempt to see if I can capture Smalls, after the 30 in 30....

Once again hats off to portrait painters of both 2 legged and 4 legged subjects!  

ART TIP 

Today was also one of those days I seemed to get as much paint on me as on the canvas and Murphy's Oil Soap came to the rescue.  Clothes or brushes... its a great thing to keep in your studio to get the paint off.  

3 comments:

  1. I think you did a terrific job painting Smalls..his stance isn't easy but you made it look correct and besides he is happy because that tail is wagging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee, Thank you. Still working on foreshortening. I wasn't sure if anyone would notice his tail wagging!

      Delete