Sunday, January 10, 2016

Day 10 | "My First Tweet"


“My First Tweet”
6x6” oil ($50)

I have a long time friend (since junior high!) who is a wonderful photographer.  Bill has shared his photographic adventures with me for years.  When he heard I was looking for birds he sent me 75 photos! so I'd have a lot of choices to paint for the 30-in-30. They are from one of his photo safaris at the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge.  Bill tells me my first pick is the "Say's Phoebe."  Who knew!?!  I'll be painting a few more of Bill's birds before this month is out.  


So many great artists make painting wet into wet look so easy!  I tried to wait overnight to go back when 'Phoebe' was not so wet and add my highlights.  No matter how many times I watch artists put in their darks first and add their highlights in the end and see them come out perfect I can't seem to master it.  I swear its magic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment