Wednesday, January 8, 2014

#8 - So Green

      2014 Leslie Saeta's January 30/30 challenge

So Green
8x10" oil on RayMar



The fun part of this challenge for me is to try things a bit out of my norm.  I have the most beautiful photo of a last afternoon scene I took in Switzerland.  (It was a fantastic trip with great art friends last September.) The color was spectacular and the greens looked almost artificial they are so lush.  I decided to try a small study to see if I could capture some of the color and feel before venturing into a larger painting.   Not quite there yet with my colors, so I'll go back to the easel and work on a color chart before I try again.  

1 comment:

  1. Lydia - can't belive I haven't commented on this.. you have such wonderful greens going there, and I especially love the little bits of clear blue and orange. Greens are so difficult, but this works wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete