Sunday, January 12, 2014

#12 - Apple Two

January 2014 Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge




Apple Two
6x6" oil



Today was an interesting painting day.  This was a "if you could sell it by the pound" painting.  That's what my husband calls it when I go back and back thinking if I just add a few more strokes I can save it.  


Some days you have a vision and your fingertips don't get the message.  I have this glass apple.  Very simple.  It looked interesting when I put it on a colored surface because the color flowed up into it...and there was this red toned canvas just sitting there.  I changed the background color 3 times!  That means the color of the apple had to change too.  For some reason I just couldn't bring myself to wipe the canvas and start over because I just knew a few more strokes would do it... well the painting took took on a life of its own and of course took me twice as much time to finish it as it would have if I'd started over.  One of these days I'll paint it again like I should have today.  Or not! 

1 comment:

  1. It is frustrating when a painting doesn't work first time. I know the feeling. I do like the intensity of this one, though.

    ReplyDelete