Monday, January 13, 2014

#13 - Beach Cruiser

January 2014 Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge


Beach Cruiser
6x6" oil (sold)


Apparently my mind has turned to mush working with simple still life object trying to decide what to paint everyday.  Not good. It started yesterday.  Today it was a good thing I was painting on board because after 3 wipe-outs of 3 different still life objects I would have worn the canvas off!  So it was back to the beach.  I pulled out a couple of my photos so now I'm ready for a few days. 

4 comments:

  1. This was one of my faves from Leslie's site today! Very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, I totally understand you - feels kind of the same for me.
    BUT it looks like the still life marathon kick started something. I love this piece, it's one of my favorit of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely piece, well done! I feel the same as you, all still lifed out and it happened the same day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your encouragement and kind words. Needing the practice, I'd planned to work from still life during the challenge but have to admit it has been really nice to paint from photographs!

    ReplyDelete