Thursday, April 30, 2015

Tutu Much Fun


Tutu Much Fun
11x14” oil ($325)
Who can resist painting little girls in a tutu?  


My great weekend with ValeArts has come to an end.  Many thanks to all of the ValeArts artists for the opportunity to be in a show with them.  

Being in the show provided me with the opportunity to meet and get to know many wonderful local artists including fellow guest artist Sangeeta Prasad.   She is a children's art therapist by day and artist by night.  It was Sangeeta's first show and her excitement was contagious.  I wish her the very best for all of her future shows.  

The lovely weekend was made even better with some really nice comments about my work from visitors at the show, including an artist who asked if I give lessons who she liked my "lost and found" edges.  I've been working really hard on edges so that was a wonderful compliment.   
  
Another aspect of the show was learning a number of great tips for hanging a show like this one which I'll share in a later blog or two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment