Saturday, August 9, 2014

Art Tip

We all know oil dries slow and its tricky to get them home safely from workshops.  I've seen some artists  leave them out in the sun to get the top to skin over dry enough to make handling a bit easier.  I was getting ready to frame my last painting for my show when I decided I needed to add a couple more strokes.  The paint was thin but I needed it to dry to the touch before framing it.  My solution worked and kept the bugs away.  Be prepared for you car to smell like paint for a couple of days... or so my husband claims.  I thought it seemed just fine!! 

I had the best time painting this 1976 VW.  I was going to post a picture of it too, but I just realized I forgot to take a photo of it before I took it to the gallery so this is it for now.   









No comments:

Post a Comment