Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mug #15 - Chris Werst

The 2012 Hilton Head Caper continues... If anyone had told me a year ago I'd be painting portraits on a 4x4" board I probably would have laughed at them. 

Mug #15 and Chris just had to be different!  Thank goodness Wanda held off with Chris' mug until we had a few under our belts or I might have been bad and skipped it.  I've never painted a profile before and must say when I started to paint it there may have been a little (or a lot) of procrastination going on.  I finally bit the bullet and with some advice from artist friends finished it up.  I did an under-painting and then tried to paint the negative space which helped.  Susan showed me the 'trick' of using a paint handle & holding it vertically first on the photograph then on my painting.  I did that on the tip of the nose so I could see where the mouth & forehead lined up with Chris' nose.  The same with the eye, back of nose & mouth.  Sounds simple, but while I knew I wasn't getting it right, I couldn't see the subtle differences until I looked at it with the straight edge.  Thanks Susan. 


WANTED
Chris “The Moniker” Werst

Chris Werst, 4x4" oil on gessobord


Wanda Rottenfusser's description of suspect #15

Another long time and well connected member of the Hilton Head felons is on the loose.  Chris “The Moniker” Werst resides in the same city as two other known perps including the nefarious leader “Quickdraw” Jurick and has been observed presenting her with gifts.  (The fact that the shawl was orange, a symbol of luxury and splendor, is highly suspicious.)  We also know she is quite cozy with a member of the international banking branch of the gang, not surprising since she herself is well versed in the global account management world.  With this kind of background one would expect her to drive a Porsche or Ferrari but she has cleverly decided to blend in with the locals by driving a station wagon.  However, do not be fooled by appearances as our intel suggests she is a world traveler.

“The Moniker” is a founding member of the elite splinter group, the Hilton Head 4, and continues to contribute to their rather shady activities.  She has immortalized parrots, puppies, and people from Paris in paint (NB. Actually it was seagulls not parrots but I digress…).  She has been seen combing the beaches in Hilton Head in search of victims and, with the Hilton Head 4, has co-hosted at least one large (and successful) gathering of felonious felons.  This is a dangerous woman indeed!
For other eye witness accounts (paintings) of sightings of the mug shots see 2012 Hilton Head Caper


No comments:

Post a Comment